Friday, November 6, 2020

Small steps add up to big accomplishments, keep on keepin' on

2020 has been a big, hot mess. The world is upside down and it's been a stressful year. But, don't stop achieving your goals, dreaming your dreams and moving forward. 

Eight years ago I had a goal to get in shape and create an exercise routine. I wanted to get in a daily routine because I knew if I formed a habit I would have better success. At the time that seemed impossible because I had three boys at home and worked full time managing my business. Life was busy.

So, like a lot of people do I made a New Year's resolution to work out more. I tried Pure Barre and it was the hardest yet best work out I had ever done. My long time friends know my love for ballet and the many years I dedicated to the art. I never found anything I loved as much as ballet but when I discovered Pure Barre I finally found I work out I loved again.

I made time for me, made an appointment for myself every week day morning at 8:30 and I held firmly to that time. Once I realized the mental and physical benefits Pure Barre gave me I knew it was ok to be "selfish" to give myself time each day because it always made my days better and it was also better for those around me too. It changed my outlook and gave me much more energy. 

I started with class three days a week and eventually increased it to 4-5 days per week. After I hit my 100 class mark I decided I was going to keep going. I wanted to get to 1,000! So I did life and kept taking classes, it became a part of my daily life. And, life sure happened along the way. We walked though the illness and passing of two parents, moving a business, and 2 boys graduating high school and moving to college. But all of this was more manageable because I had my time at the barre. 

And, oh the ladies I have met along the way! They are the most fantastic ladies, all in different phases of life facing different challenges. God placed some amazing women in my life every morning, they have each taught me something new. The best advice I ever received was to find at least one friend 10 years younger than you ( they can keep your outlook updated ) and one friend 10 years older than you (they have perspective to share). I see those friends every morning in my class, how awesome is that?!

So, eight years later, I achieved my 1,000 class goal today. That equates to 830 hours of total body work outs and over 25 hours of holding a plank. To me it equates to a goal achieved, and a reminder that no matter how long it takes to get there, achieving goals is a great feeling. Never stop setting goals and always keep on keep'n on. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other and before you know it you will look up and you have crushed the goal! 







Was it easy to accomplish this? No, it took time, dedication and persistence. Some mornings I did not want to go, I was exhausted, over scheduled and sore. A lot of times I had clothes in my car to change into for work, I have to plan the night ahead to make sure I can finish my work each day. Often in the beginning (when the weather allowed) I took my dog with me because she was used to going with me to work so she would sit in my car and patiently wait for me to finish class and off we would go. Was it worth it? 100% yes!

How can you do it? I know you can, if I can, you can!

1. Find an exercise you love, don't stop until you find it. You will feel better, look better and communicate better
2. Make time for it, you deserve it 
3. Set a goal
4. Take small steps every day to achieve the goal 
5. While you are working on the goal don't forget to look around you, God will place people in your life along the way, He's amazing like that. 
6. Keep it simple and stick to the routine




"Stand firm, and you will win life." Luke 21:19

"But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work.”2 Chronicles 15:7

#luvlivebig
Grace and Peace,
Misty




No comments:

Post a Comment